Free EB-5 Evaluation

How can funds be transferred from a country with capital export restrictions, like Sri Lanka, for EB-5 investment?

While it may be difficult to transfer money out of nations that have capital export restrictions, several options may exist depending on the specific country in question. For instance, it may be possible to transfer smaller portions of the investment to friends and family who can then transfer that money into the investor’s U.S. account. In some nations, particularly in the Middle East, the Hawala system may need to be used. It is important for anyone in this kind of situation to consult, at minimum, a U.S. immigration attorney with EB-5 experience—though it may be prudent to consult a local professional experienced in this area of law as well.