Free EB-5 Evaluation

How might a regional center use foreign migration agents to source investors?

For U.S. citizens and residents serving in this capacity, SEC requirements dictate that the finder must be licensed and registered if he/she is to be paid a finder’s fee. As long as a migration agent is not a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, however, he/she may be paid to source investors for a regional center even if the agent is not licensed and registered. A regional center should consult with both EB-5 immigration counsel and securities counsel before sourcing investors to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. An immigration attorney may also prove an invaluable source of information in finding credible migration agents.