Free EB-5 Evaluation

Is it better to adjust status or consular process?

Generally speaking, if someone is in the United States on a valid nonimmigrant visa, it is better to file Form I-485 and adjust status rather than return home and consular process. The processing times for both methods vary, and in most cases, it is difficult to determine which is faster. The advantage of adjusting status in the U.S. is that the applicant can also file for work authorization and a travel permit, which will be issued within about 90 days.